Internship Application Is Now Open.
About the Center for Civic Innovation Internship Program
Our Community-Engaged Educational Ecosystem Model (C-EEEM) brings people from different backgrounds and different sectors -- educational institutions, local government, and community organizations-- together to tackle our community’s most challenging problems. We focus on regional talent development, with our intern teams comprised of students from local universities, state college campuses, community colleges, and high schools. Our interns study different disciplines, and we believe that our success stems from the variety of perspectives that our team members bring. Our internships provide an environment where students can take risks, exercise creativity, and apply what they learn in the classroom to create real impact in the community. Internships run in South Bend and Elkhart full-time for up to 8 weeks each summer. All University of Notre Dame students and college and high school students ages 16 and older from the South Bend-Elkhart region are invited to apply.
- CCI Summer Internships are 8 weeks, 30 hours a week
- Dates for 2024: June 10 to August 2
- College interns are paid $15/hr., High School interns are paid $13/hr.
- Early Decision Application Deadline is January 8, 2024
- Regular Application Deadline is March 18, 2024
- Interns connect regularly with community leaders and professionals
- Exceptionally diverse and collaborative environment
- Leadership, project management, design thinking, and diversity and inclusion training
- Opportunities to participate in local social events with other interns
Policy for previous years' interns interested in applying; Interns that have worked with us as a high school student may apply for another opportunity to intern with us as a college student.
Please know that we do ask for a resume and encourage all applicants to seek resources on creating one if you do not have one. Please visit the Notre Dame Undergraduate Career Services site.
*We are following University public health guidelines and may need to adjust dates, in-person activities, and/or policies accordingly.
Questions about CCI's South Bend internships may be emailed to Jen Eggleston (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Fred Teague (email@example.com)
For examples of internship projects, please visit the CCI research page and click on a category.
Questions about CCI's Elkhart internships may be emailed to Juan Carlos Alarcon (firstname.lastname@example.org).